Changing Methods to Decrease Waste
Custom procedure trays are medical trays that are made up of different instruments, tools, and medical supplies needed for specific procedures. There are hundreds of different procedure trays to reflect the particular process intended.
Years ago, facilities made up custom procedure trays which proved to be a waste of time and money.
- Staff had to locate the missing item.
- The doctor had to halt his procedure until the employee delivered the needed item.
- Missing procedure instruments equals poor quality of care to you the patient.
- If the doctor and you, the patient must wait for a needed tool for your procedure, this could affect your outcome.
- Facilities constructed an Autoclave Room or Sterilization room and had to train staff to sterilize instruments, packaging them for specific procedures.
- Sometimes the person making up custom procedure trays for their institution put too many of one item in the tray and was wasteful spending for the facility.
Relying on Vendors for Prepackaged Trays
When facilities hire a vendor to pick up and deliver sterile and nonsterile equipment these trays come wrapped and are ready for the employee to grab and give to the doctor. In the end, this saves a lot of money, frustration, and time for you, the patient, the physician, nurses, staff, and facility.
Interested in Custom Trays? Request a Quote!