What Are Minor Procedure Kits?
Minor procedure kits are a specially designed custom tray, compiled with supplies required to complete specific minor procedures. Each custom tray is designed to carry these supplies to be easily accessible to whomever is performing the procedure.
Types of Minor Procedure Kits
There are multiple types of instrument kits available including,
- Laceration Trays – These kits vary in size and are used to treat a variety of types of lacerations. Included in the kits can be drapes, gauze, forceps, scissors, needles, trays, wraps, lidocaine, and medicine cups.
- Circumcision Kits – Included in this kit are everything needed to perform a newborn circumcision including such items as, drapes, scissors, scalpels, forceps, safety pins and towels.
- Drainage and Incision Kits – Incision and drainage kits include items to properly treat incisions made in a hospital setting such as, alcohol wipes, towels, scalpels, gauze, prep pads, and forceps.
- Suture Removal Kits – These kits are created to provide the tools required for the proper removal of sutures. The custom tray can include such items as scissors, forceps, gauze, and trays.
- General Purpose – General purpose kits are kept on hand to manage multiple types of treatment and can be small or large. The trays include items such as, scissors, gauze, needle holders, tape, drapes, and hemostats.
Endoscopy kits include items such as lubricant, gauze, bite trays, suction tubing, syringes, applicators, bowls, and brushes. They come in specific kit sets for,
- Basic Lower Endoscopy
- Basic Upper Endoscopy
These kits provide supplies necessary for infusion related therapies including,
- Central Line Dressing Change
- Blood Culture and Collection
- IV Start
- PICC/Vascular Access
All of these kits include items that would be needed to start the infusion therapy used in each of the above medical situations.
Used for wound care in the effective management of tracheostomy patients, the kits normally include,
- Multiple 4×4 pieces of Gauze Including Non-woven
- Trach Ties
- Cotton Tipped Applicators
- Vinyl Gloves
- Pipe Cleaners
- Trach Brushes
These kits include supplies needed for establishing an arterial line in a patient. Some of the items included in these kits are,
- Protective Disks
Other Minor Procedures
From cuts, to burns, to any other minor procedure, these custom trays provide the necessary tools. Types of kits include,
- Comfort and Padding Materials
- Tubular Bandages: Both Elastic Net and 100% cotton
- Dry Burn Dressing
No matter what procedure needs to be completed on a patient, there is a small kit custom tray there to get the job done.